Visa Application Information
What do I need to do to exhibit at the 2018 International Window Coverings Expo?
Depending on your citizenship, you may or may not need a visa to travel to the United States to attend the International Window Coverings Expo. Complete visa information can be found via travel.state.gov
Citizens of Countries Participating in the Visa Waiver Program
The US government’s Visa Waiver Program currently enables eligible citizens of specific countries to enter the United States for tourism or business for a period of 90 days or less without obtaining a visa. Information can be found via travel.state.gov
A valid ESTA approval is required for all Visa Waiver Program (VWP) participants to travel to the United States.
The Department of Homeland Security Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) is a free, automated system used to determine the eligibility of visitors to travel to the United States under the VWP. It collects the same information as the paper I-94W form that VWP travelers fill out en route to the United States. ESTA applications may be submitted at any time prior to travel. An ESTA authorization generally will be valid for up to two years. Authorizations will be valid for multiple entries into the United States. DHS recommends that travelers submit an ESTA application as soon as they begin making travel plans.
International travelers who are seeking to travel to the United States under the VWP are now subject to enhanced security requirements and will be required to pay an administrative fee. All eligible travelers who wish to travel to the U.S. under the Visa Waiver Program must apply for authorization and then pay the fee.
VWP travelers who have not obtained approval through ESTA should expect to be denied boarding on any air carrier bound for the United States.
Citizens of Other Countries: Obtaining a Visa
If you are not an eligible for the Visa Waiver Program and will need a visa to attend the 2017 International Window Coverings Expo, you can now complete the visa application form online.
You can request a letter of invitation to the International Window Coverings Expo online beginning October 30, 2016 when registration opens. You must be a registered attendee or exhibitor of the 2018 Show to request and receive a letter of invitation.
Visa Application Tips
- Apply EARLY! New screening processes are in place at all US Embassies that could delay your application processing time. We suggest you begin the visa application process at least 60 days prior to your travel date. To determine typical wait times to secure an interview, please contact the Consular Section of your local Embassy.
- Present proof that you have strong ties to your country of residence. Proof of employment or business ownership are good examples of strong ties.
- If possible, show proof that you have traveled internationally before and have returned within the time restrictions of your visa.
- Present your visa letter of invitation to the Consular Officer during the visa interview. The visa letter of invitation, though not required for the visa application, can assist as a supporting document.
Be Prepared for Your Interview
Make sure you have all the necessary documentation with you at your interview. You will need the following:
- A valid passport
- Appropriate visa application forms
- Visa fee proof of payment
- Documents detailing employment status, reason for travel, and financial status
- Proof of previous visits to the US
- An official letter of invitation from show management and proof of advance registration to attend the show is recommended
- Any additional documents required by your local embassy or consulate
Letter of Invitation for Visa Application
Letters of Invitation are available upon request.You MUST be a registered attendee or exhibitor of the 2018 Show in order to request a letter of invitation.